film, video & TV training | professional development
Make your Film on a low to no budget (PROD1201)
|Discipline/s:||producing & directing|
Date/s & times:
|Contact us to register your interest.
(Courses will run when we reach minimum numbers)
|Contact hours:||4 hours per Lab|
|Places:||15 places per Lab|
|Fee:||$528 Open Channel Members / $ 616 (non-members) (Prices are Inclusive of GST)
(Membership: $55 / $44 concession) - join Open Channel here)
|Prerequisites:||Basic English literacy necessary|
MICRO-BUDGET LAB 1 – Self-Financing your DigiFeature/ DigiSeries with Enzo and Julian (The Tunnel)
- Crowd Funding Strategies – 'Pozible'
- SUCCESSFUL FILM SPONSORSHIP
- Successful Funding Applications
MICRO-BUDGET LAB 2 – Shooting your DigiFeature/ DigiSeries on Digital SLR, SONY F3 and/or the NEW BLACK MAGIC CAMERA inside and out – with John Brawley
- The Sony F3; back to front (Open Channel's new high-end rental camera)
- The DOs and DON'Ts of shooting low-budget productions
MICRO-BUDGET LAB 3 – Data-Wrangling and Post-Production Pathways on your DigiFeature/ DigiSeries
- Producers and Directors alike will benefit from this – Digital Pictures/ Rodney Bolt
- How to master your film correctly for broadcast and exhibition
MICRO-BUDGET LAB 4 – Digital and Self-Distribution, and Marketing your DigiFeature/ DigiSeries
- Viral Marketing
- Planning your festival strategy
- Cutting your trailer
- Creating your online portfolio
- Marketing yourself as a filmmaker (press kits/ show reels etc.)
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for Producers and Directors looking to Self-Produce their own Feature Film.
Where can I go after this course?
You can extend your learning by working in a Wardrobe department applying your newly acquired skills on semi professional films, and build your skills further toward a professional career. You may also be able to apply your skills in the theatrical sector, working in theatre, ballet or opera.
Are you interested in being Accredited for this course?
Read about Accreditation Options on Short Courses
How do I Enrol?
Simply print an Enrolment Form and return to us with payment to secure a place in the Short Course. See the Enrolment Form for details on how to pay.
Short Courses Application Form (pdf)
If you wish to enrol in this course as part of a full Certificate III in Media / Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media, with up-front payment, click here.
To be advised