Standard Short Course Terms & Conditions of Enrolment
Open Channel’s Student Handbook contains information such as an introduction to our organisation, our training principles, policies and procedures that are designed to ensure quality delivery.
Open Channel is underpinned by the principles of access and equity. Open Channel does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of age, gender, sexuality, or social or cultural background. Programs and workshops at Open Channel are available to all persons 18 years and over, except where indicated otherwise. Check specific webpages for entry requirements and other conditions.
Copyrights in individual work (films or scripts) remain the property of the author/creator as rights holder in exclusivity.
By participating in this workshop, participants agree that where they make a contribution to another person’s pre-existing copyright work, all the participant’s rights in their contribution are assigned to the person who created the work.
Open Channel only retains copyright in any group exercise that is entirely created in a practical workshop environment (such as an in-class exercise where there is no sole creator to whom rights have been assigned). This can be amended by written agreement with Open Channel.
Where there is no contractual obligation on a participant to credit the support of Open Channel in a completed work, such as a fully funded production, Open Channel appreciates creators making this acknowledgement of the organisation where possible, and where the contribution of Open Channel is deemed substantial.
- Full payment is required prior to commencement of a workshop, subject to availability. Please note that places cannot be held without full payment having been received.
- If an applicant withdraws from a workshop greater than 7 days, but less than 14 days before the commencement of a workshop, a 20% administration levy on the price of the workshop will be charged.
- No refund will apply if an applicant withdraws within 7 days prior to commencement of a workshop.
- All eligible refunds will be made within 30 days notification of withdrawal or cancellation.
- Open Channel reserves the right to cancel, postpone or amend workshops. Advertised industry visits or other forms of industry participation remain subject to change at short notice. All workshops are run on minimum numbers. Minimum numbers must be met one week prior to commencement otherwise cancellation will occur. In case of cancellation, you will be refunded in full.
Please note: Letters of confirmation are sent out by email generally within 7 days prior to the commencement of a workshop. Please contact us if you have not received a confirmation.
By enrolling you agree, unless indicating otherwise in writing prior to the workshop, that Open Channel may use your likeness or image (i.e photographs), comments and testimonials, or coursework in marketing activities including on the internet or social media sites.
If you have any questions about your dealings with Open Channel, you can contact us in the following ways:
Phone: 03 8327 2016