The Professional Attachment Program, funded by Film Victoria and managed by Open Channel, is a response to the need to provide skills development opportunities for early career Victorian screen industry practitioners. The program provides a significant opportunity for Victorian practitioners to gain experience within some of Victoria’s established film and television production companies and address skills gaps in the local industry.
A paid position is available as an Editing Department Attachment on an innovative long form observational documentary TV series being produced in Melbourne. The successful applicant will observe and assist the Editing team for five weeks.
The successful applicant for the Editing Department Attachment position will require the following:
- Knowledge of and some experience in working with Avid editing software
- An understanding of and some experience in data management / post production workflow procedures
- Experience working on documentaries and/or factual content
- An ability to work as part of a larger creative team.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to submit examples of relevant past work.
The successful applicant must be available full time from 11th April until the 13th May 2016.
Applications Close 11.59pm Sunday February 21st 2016.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for an Attachment you’ll need to provide:
- A completed application form (see below)
- Your Curriculum Vitae, including contact details for 2 referees
- A Cover Letter (1-2 pages) indicating your short and long term career objectives and reasons for wanting to undertake this Attachment
Please carefully read the guidelines before submitting your application.