Date/s & times:
Saturday October 4th, Sunday October 5th, 10am – 5pm, 1 hour lunch break
|Fee:||$704 Open Channel, Australian Screen Editors Guild or Australian Cinematographers Society Members / $845 (non-members) (incl. GST)
(Membership: $55 / $44 concession – join Open Channel here)
|Prerequisite:||Applicants should be experienced in non-linear editing with programs such as Final Cut Pro (7 or X) Adobe Premiere, OR Avid Media Composer. We’ll be using Final Cut Pro 7 in conjunction with DaVinci Resolve|
Do you want to add a powerful skill to your editing tool kit?
DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite is a free, powerful colour grading and media management tool, which has been an industry standard for feature film and television grading for many years.
You can use DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite to add a professional polish to your editing work. In a competitive freelance world, knowing how to use DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite can add great value to your client’s work, and make you stand out as a freelance editor!
This comprehensive workshop led by Peter Cave is an exercise-based course covering the foundations of colour grading using DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite, and exploring it’s powerful features.
After this course you will:
- have a strong knowledge of how to use DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite for colour grading
- be able to handle and grade projects from a variety of NLE software, as part of their editing workflow
- know the basics of colour grading theory and understand advanced grading concepts
- apply these skills to real world post production
- enhance post production capabilities
A small number of participants ensures you one-on-one tutoring while you learn DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite.
Who should do this course?
Editors who want their work to stand out! Editors who are preparing the final versions of their projects for distribution.
Where can I go after this course?
Upon completion of this course, editors will find their new colour grading skills in demand with post production houses, television networks and advertising agencies who are preparing work for distribution
How do I Enrol?
Simply click on this link to access our Enrolment Form to submit and pay electronically, or you can enrol directly here:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in this course.
View our terms and conditions
If you have any questions about this course place contact us
Peter initially trained at the ABC as a Technical Operator and has held a number of jobs in television post
production as an editor & technical director. Employers include the ABC, Network 10, AFTRS, CODA, JSP Post
(Singapore) & MTV Asia (Singapore). He has worked on drama programs, commercials, corporate videos & multimedia
displays as well as theatre projects & art installations. Peter has won International Awards including 2004 Silver Screen Award (Corporate Communications) at US International Film & Video Festival, 1995 PROMAX ASIA AWARDS (Singapore), and a Best Editing Award with 1993 Media Magazine (H.K.).
Peter’s editing credits include:
• Meet The Frockers Series. Foxtel. Online Editor/Colourist
• Under The Hammer Series. Network 7. Online Editor/Colourist
• Cosentino 3 one hour magic specials for Network 7. Post Production/Colourist.
• SlideShow Game show for Network 7, 13 episodes. Post Production/Colourist.
• Formal Wars Reality show, 8 x 1 hour episodes for Network 7. Post Production/Colourist.
• Lonely Planet ‘The Odyssey‘ BBC/National Geographic (Online Editor & Colourist)
• ANZ goMoney Web videos for iPhone application